• Patient assessment.
• Establish appropriate care plan determined by initial assessment and physician’s orders.
• Patient/caregiver education and monitoring on a wide range of topics related to each
patient’s diagnoses and/or condition.
• Patient and family education.
• Wound care.
• Intravenous (IV) therapy
• Nutritional assessment and support
• Medication monitoring and education.
• Ostomy care
A level of care that is provided by either a Registered Nurse (RN) or a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) Examples of skilled nursing care include Intravenous (IV) therapy, injections, Patient education, Diabetes Care, Home safety evaluation, Tube feeding, Home oxygen therapy to help you breathe, Wound care, and coordination of care with other professionals involved in the patient’s care.